Elderberry – Sleeps 10–14
Sleeps 26 when combined with Chestnut
Located in a quiet corner of the Farm overlooking a large lawn that leads down to the lakes with fine views across open countryside, Elderberry House will appeal to large families or groups of guests, having five large bedrooms. One of these is on the ground floor which, together with a ground floor wet room with WC, will appeal to guests not so keen on using stairs. There is private parking right outside the house, making luggage unloading a doddle. To the front of the house is a luxury 8-seat hot tub on the BBQ terrace for exclusive use by Elderberry residents which is popular all year round.
For very large groups (up to 26 guests) Elderberry can also be rented with its adjoining sister cottage Chestnut. An internal door can be opened making the cottages one large property. A large dining table can be created allowing up to 26 guests to eat together in one sitting.
- Spacious lounge with large Digital TV with Freeview, Wi-Fi, music system, comfortable leather sofas and armchairs and an inglenook fireplace with a unique double-sided woodburner that heats the dining room as well as the lounge. French windows open on to the patio and large lawns giving access to picnic tables, BBQs and the hot tub.
- Spacious, well-equipped fitted kitchen and dining area with double sofa bed.
- One Double bedroom with wet room & toilet, suitable for those preferring not to have to climb the stairs.
First floor: The first floor contains four good-sized light and airy bedrooms all with en suite facilities, wardrobes, chests of drawers and bedside lights comprising:
- One double bedroom with 5ft double bed & en-suite bathroom with shower over bath, toilet & basin.
- One double bedroom with 5ft 4-poster double bed with en-suite bathroom with shower over bath, toilet & basin.
- One triple Bedroom with 3 single beds & en-suite shower room with toilet & basin.
- One twin bedroom with en-suite shower room, toilet & basin.
Services: Elderberry is fully centrally heated, ensuring a warm and toasty environment in the depths of winter, even when not using the woodburner. The first basket of fuel for stove is included in the price while additional baskets can be purchased for £3.
Cots, high chairs and a stair gate are available at no additional cost. Please request these when booking. Bed linen is included but guests are asked to provide their own towels. Dogs welcome at £20 per dog per booking.
Changeover day: Friday
Guest Comment: "What a wonderful holiday. All four families have had a fantastic time. We especially enjoyed the swimming pool, table tennis, hot tub and Pete and Jan's disco dancing in swimwear besides the hot tub!! The cottages are very well equipped and clean. We all have a really good time celebrating our eldest children's 16th birthdays. Hope to come back for their 18th's if they are still speaking to us!!!" - April 2014
To start the booking please select the start date of the holiday you wish to book. Select the number of nights you wish to stay, followed by the number of people staying, and then click 'Book Now' to proceed to pay via Paypal.
To read our Booking Terms and Conditions please click here.
When we receive your booking we will check the dates and arrangements of the booking and contact you shortly afterwards confirming that the booking has been processed.
- Weekly Bookings run from 2pm Friday to 10am Friday
- 4 Day Breaks run from 2pm Monday to 10am Friday
- 3 Day Breaks run from 2pm on Friday to 10am Monday
- Please note. During school holidays, 3 & 4 Day breaks are not available until 2 weeks prior to arrival.
- "We had a great time. Both adults and kids really enjoyed it. The facilities are great, would definitely come back. Many thanks." - April 2013, Andy, Sharon, Bec and Ben
- "We had a great weekend away with family. A very relaxed place to stay and we all enjoyed the hot tub. Many thanks." - April 2013, Tim, Sarah, Chloe and Olivia
- "Had a great time. Kids thoroughly enjoyed it and wanted to stay. Would definitely come back. Many thanks." - April 2013, Deb, Shaun, Aaron and Jake
- "We have had a lovely holiday in a most fantastic place. The hot tub, pool used by us all. Ian is a very nice man and the farm a quiet place for family get together. My Son-in-Law and grandchildren enjoyed fishing in the good carp pool, caught 15 plus. We had lots of laughs at the Dingle Fair. The Adrenaline Quarry - amazing zip wire. Baby Annabelle enjoyed being with lots of family. Weather! What weather - lots to do in and around the house and area. Thank you very much Ian." - April 2013, Robinson and Ingham Family, Cheshire
- "Great cottage. Hot tub was absolutely fab - want one! Lots of luck with the weather, cold but dry. Many thanks." - March 2013<, Ingrams Family/li>
- "Thank you for a relaxing and enjoyable weekend. It was the perfect location for a girly weekend." - New Year 2013, The salmon loving Beaver's visited for the sixth time.
- "The cottage is wicked. Nice bed coverings and the hot tub is an amazing idea. Pool is sweet. Gym is the coolest thing ever." - November 2012, Cottam and Dack families
- "Great house, really enjoyed the swimming pool and jacuzzi perfect after our long walks on moors!" - August 2011