Chestnut - Sleeps 8 - 12 with Hot Tub
Sleeps 26 when combined with Elderberry
Chestnut is a large stone-built 4 bedroom cottage converted from a large barn with its own private hot tub, BBQ terrace and large open garden – large enough for ball games or just relaxing in the sun. All the bedrooms have their own en suite bathrooms.
For large parties of up to 26 guests, Chestnut can be rented with Elderberry. An interconnecting door can be opened up to allow the two cottages to operate as one. The dining area in Elderberry is large enough to hold a table allowing all 26 guests to be seated.
Ground floor: Step through the front door into a hall which leads into a large open plan living space comprising the wood-floored lounge and kitchen. There are plenty of cosy leather sofas and armchairs in the Lounge to seat guests together with a large flat-screen digital TV with Freeview, W-Fi and music system. Although Chestnut is fully centrally heated, the lounge also has a woodburner for extra warm and toasty feeling in winter. French windows lead out to the patio and large lawned garden. A separate dining room leads off the lounge with a large pine table and a double sofa bed. The fully equipped kitchen includes two ovens, dishwasher, American-style fridge-freezer, toaster, microwave and washing machine with drier. The final room on the ground floor is a large shower room with toilet, suitable for less able-bodied guests.
First floor: There are spacious four bedrooms on the first floor all having wardrobes, chest of drawers and bedside lighting comprising:
- Two double rooms with 5ft beds, each with En-suite Bathroom with shower over bath, toilet & basin
- Two triple bedrooms with three single beds, both with En-suite Shower room, toilet & basin.
Other Facilities: Cots, highchairs and a stair gate are available upon request – just ask for what you need when booking. There is no additional charge for these but you will need to provide bedding for cots.
- Parking for 4 cars
- Garden with patio furniture, hot tub and BBQ.
- Pets welcome at £20 per pet per booking
Changeover day: Friday.
Guest Comment: "I just wanted to feedback that we had a wonderful time at the cottages, the facilities were brilliant and very clean and tidy. The hot tubs went down a treat with my group and I hope to come back again soon. Many thanks to Ian as well for helping us and being on hand over the weekend." - September 2014 – Jo Matthews and Family, Bristol
Guest Comment: "Lovely spacious house, flows really well when a family of 14 are staying. Great place to party!! Hot tub was a dream to laze about in and relax even in the pouring rain! All things that were not in the cottage, Ian kindly did his very, very best to provide them i.e. mince pie tin. Thanks Ian, very friendly and accommodation. Hope to see you again soon. – Christmas 2014 - Ashenden and Bryant Family
To start the booking please select the start date of the holiday you wish to book. Select the number of nights you wish to stay, followed by the number of people staying, and then click 'Book Now' to proceed to pay via Paypal.
To read our Booking Terms and Conditions please click here.
When we receive your booking we will check the dates and arrangements of the booking and contact you shortly afterwards confirming that the booking has been processed.
- Weekly Bookings run from 2pm Friday to 10am Friday
- 4 Day Breaks run from 2pm Monday to 10am Friday
- 3 Day Breaks run from 2pm on Friday to 10am Monday
- Please note. Shortbreaks are not available during school holidays until 2 weeks prior to arrival.
- "Had an amazing stay with friends. Thank you." - December 2012, Family, Place
- "Had a lovely weekend with good friends, we will no doubt be back in the New Year. Thank you." - November 2012, Mandy, Chris, James and Sophie Cockell
- "We had a great time, the children loved everything and the cottage was nice and big - would definitely recommend to friends and family" - July 2011, Family, Place